Our investment in top of the range laboratory equipment allows many of our tests to be done in-house, enabling speedy same day results. This can be vital for critically ill patients by allowing the right diagnosis to be made quickly and the appropriate treatment started right away.
At the Animal Care Hospital, we offer the following laboratory services:
- We offer pre anaesthetic blood tests, general health profiles and geriatric screens to ensure your pet is healthy
- In addition we have the facilities and equipment to test for hormonal diseases such as under-active/overactive thyroid gland or overactive adrenal gland (Cushing’s)
- We also perform specialised blood tests to evaluate liver function. We have test kits for the detection of feline immunodeficiency virus and feline leukaemia virus
- Refractometer and dip sticks, sediment exams
- Urine testing is an under used test, we test urine to check kidney function, look for infections, detect crystals and bladder stones, and also in some cases screen for diabetes
- The use of our microscope facilitates the detection of skin mites (ie mange), yeast infections, etc
- Sometimes we send samples to the UK for analysis, if a highly specialised test is required
If you have any questions about any of our services or you would like to book in for a consultation, get in touch!