We pride ourselves on being able to provide state of the art surgical care and expertise.
All of our very experienced veterinary team perform routine operations and surgical investigations. We are able to perform a wide range of orthopaedic and soft tissue surgical procedures.
We have expanded, significantly developed and invested in our surgical facilities and advanced surgical equipment.
Our surgical facilities include:
- A brand new dedicated and fully equipped sterile surgical theatre, which is reserved for advanced surgery. This is complimented by a new prep-room and routine operating and surgical scrub facilities
- The very latest and powerful 110,000-lux surgical operating theatre lights
- Electrocautery/Diathermy for coagulation of small blood vessels and for cutting through soft tissues. This significantly reduces blood loss and operating time spent ligating small blood vessels
- Surgical suction which is very helpful in abdominal surgery
Surgical procedures available at the Animal Care Hospital Routine surgery:
- Neutering of male and female cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs & rats
- Caesarean section in pets unable to give birth naturally
- Repair and treatment of skin wounds and lacerations or bites
- Growths, warts and small tumour biopsy or removal
- Hernia repair
- Problematic dewclaw removal
- Dental surgery
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Abdominal/Gastrointestinal surgery
- Exploratory Laparotomy
- Biopsy of abdominal viscera
- Diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Gastrointestinal foreign body removal
- Intestinal resection & anastomosis
- Gastrotomy, enterotomy, colostomy
- Gastrotomy and enterotomy feeding tube placement.
- Gastric Dilation Volvulus
- Intussusception surgery
- Oncological surgery in the abdomen (tumour removal)
If you have any questions about any of our services or you would like to book in for a consultation, get in touch!